Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2009/10/16 09:37:29 UTC

3.1.2 blog/announce text

Was thinking something like this.  Don't have the download page ready
yet, some of these words should be links.

Will try and post it to the blog tomorrow.  Send any changes you like.

---------------
Apache OpenEJB 3.1.2 has been released!  This release is a short 4
months after our prior 3.1.1 release and is largely focused on bug
fixes and small improvements with a couple new features.  Scanning
support for scanning JSF 2.0 ManagedBeans allows for a nice OpenEJB/
Tomcat/Mojarra stack.  Database passwords listed in the openejb.xml
can now be encrypted using our new 'cipher' command line tool.  Focus
areas of improvements/fixes include @LocalClient support, remote
client disconnections and connection caching, AltDD support, Stateful
bean caching, and some nice new JNDI name formatting options.

See the release notes for more details.

The next release, 3.1.3, will likely contain more significant
changes.  A major CXF upgrade is planned which should bring with it
some new Web Services features.  Some exciting new testing techniques
are in the works.  As well third-party descriptor support is being
expanded.  Stay tuned to the project blog for details on these
developments and more!
---------------

Re: 3.1.2 blog/announce text

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 9:37 AM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:

> Scanning support for scanning JSF

Drop the 2nd "scanning" (before JSF).

> for a nice OpenEJB/Tomcat/Mojarra stack.

It'd be fine if there's a link for an article or something.

> some new Web Services features.

Drop "some".

>  Some exciting new testing techniques are in the works.

...and here too.

The rest is fine.

Jacek

--