Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> on 2008/06/16 12:55:05 UTC

[Axis2] Release Manager? [was: Re: Next release?]

We need a volunteer to play RM role for next release.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Manjula Peiris wrote:

>>> I was under the impression that we already have something working.
>>> That is why I proposed to release it as experimental.
>>>

>> Yes Axis2/C MTOM support is there. If we add new code for attachment
>> processing (receiving end) it will work. What we can do is we may
>> disable specifying the callback and if users want they can try it. If we
>> going to do this then I need to revert all the modifications I have done
>> in the sender side in order to merge the branch back to the trunk.
>
> OK, I do not think reverting is a good idea, that is additional work
> and waste of time. So you keep on doing the stuff on the branch and we
> can do the release on trunk without MTOM.
>
> Samisa...
>
>> -Manjula.
>>

>>> Samisa...

>> Release Date: 6/14/2008 6:02 PM

Samisa Abeysinghe
Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc.

Re: [Axis2] Release Manager? [was: Re: Next release?]

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> I like to be the release manager.

And what is our next releae 1.4.1 or 1.5.0?

Samisa...

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Sorry. Please ignore my previous mail. It was for another thread.

Supun.

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 16:55 +0500, Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> I was under the impression that we are going to do 1.5. If the
> community thinks that the new features are not enough for a major
> release we can go for 1.4.1 or may be 1.4.5?

Because AMQP transport is there and we have added some new functionality
this release should be 1.5. If we version this as 1.4.x then this should
be a just bug fix release of 1.4.0 and we must guarantee the binary
compatibility. But it is not there so this release is 1.5

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by lahiru gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
Here's my +1 for Supun.

Regards
lahiru

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 09:38 +0530, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Manjula Peiris wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 07:09 +0530, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> >
> >> It has been a long time since we did a release :)
> >>
> >> Time to do one?
> >>

> > yes. I am working on it.
> >

> So have you taken over from Supun as RM?
>
> And what is the release number? I guess it is 1.6.

Yes it is 1.6. We have agreed on this some time back. There are some
issues need to be fixed in the trunk. After that I will put a RC.

Re: [Axis2] Release Manager?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Dinesh Premalal wrote:
>>> yes. I am working on it.
>>>

>> So have you taken over from Supun as RM?
>>

> I guess not. We already vote Manjula as RM for Axis2/C 1.6 release
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-axis-c-dev/200810.mbox/%3C48F2E147.1020702@wso2.com%3E

Sigh, it has been so long ago, that I have forgotten the vote that I
called myself :)

Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: [Axis2] Release Manager?

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 07:09 +0530, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> It has been a long time since we did a release :)
>
> Time to do one?

yes. I am working on it.

-Manjula.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.