Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2007/06/29 18:44:05 UTC

[T5] using GridPager without a grid

GridPager looks like it could be used without Grid if it weren't for its
dependence on GridDataSource (which it looks like is only used for
getting the number of rows). Could this component be changed to be more
generally useful? I have a pager component from T4 that isn't quite as
nice but very very similar which we use whenever we have to create a
search results page and it would be nice if we could just use GridPager
(or a more general Pager).

--
Dan Adams
Senior Software Engineer

Re: [T5] using GridPager without a grid

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I don't see why it couldn't be refactored that way, in terms of
current page and number of pages.

As always, adding a bug to JIRA is the best way to keep these from
getting misplaced.

On 6/29/07, Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> wrote:
> GridPager looks like it could be used without Grid if it weren't for its
> dependence on GridDataSource (which it looks like is only used for
> getting the number of rows). Could this component be changed to be more
> generally useful? I have a pager component from T4 that isn't quite as
> nice but very very similar which we use whenever we have to create a
> search results page and it would be nice if we could just use GridPager
> (or a more general Pager).
>
> --
> Dan Adams
> Senior Software Engineer