Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Morten <li...@kikobu.com> on 2004/11/16 10:39:48 UTC

Adding a user by mkcol

Hi. Using the client API to try and create a user (inspired by the
creating users howto):

    public void createUser(String name) throws IOException {
        WebdavResource wdr = new WebdavResource(http, USER_BASE);
        wdr.mkcolMethod("something");
        WebdavResources res = wdr.getChildResources();
        Enumeration e = res.getResourceNames();

        while(e.hasMoreElements()) {
            String s = (String)e.nextElement();
            System.out.println("--> "+s);
        }
        wdr.close();
    }

This outputs:

--> john2
--> root
--> john
--> guest
--> projector

And not the newly created collection "something"- what am I doing wrong?
There's nothing suspicious in the log.

Br,

Morten

RE: Adding a user by mkcol

Posted by Nick Longinow <ni...@vanhooseassociates.com>.
Try using a full uri for the mkcolmethod, ie
wdr.mkcolMethod("/slide/users/blabla");

The wiki for creating folders is a good pointer,
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-slide/CreateNewDirectoryAndFile

Nick

Posted by Morten <li...@kikobu.com>.

RE: Adding a user by mkcol