Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Marc Roos <M....@f1-outsourcing.eu> on 2019/08/08 20:22:18 UTC

Should mesos 1.8 (and marathon 1.8) drain/migrate tasks or not?

I don’t get from this page
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/maintenance/ if mesos
should be 'moving' tasks to another node when it is marked as draining.
I know DRAIN_AGENT is only for mesos 1.9. But what use it to post a
maintenance schedule, see the node being marked as draining, and nothing
happens with the tasks?

On the marathon page the say "draining is not yet implemented", yet they
refer to an issue that has been resolved.
https://mesosphere.github.io/marathon/docs/maintenance-mode.html

On stackoverflow there is the same question, and again referencing issue
that have been resolved.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37194123/marathon-tasks-not-migrating-off-mesos-node-goes-into-draining-mode
https://jira.mesosphere.com/browse/MARATHON-3216
https://phabricator.mesosphere.com/D1069

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.
(had to join the marathon-framework group to post to it, re-sending)

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.