Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Gabriel Silk <gs...@dropbox.com.INVALID> on 2018/08/08 21:31:44 UTC

Custom authentication with RBAC

Hello Airflow devs,

It seems that it is not possible to use a custom auth backend with the new
RBAC web server, like it was with the old.

In the old webserver, you could simple set "webserver.auth_backend" to a
classname and implement any logic you like.

The absence of this feature is a blocker for adapting RBAC.

Is there any easy fix for this? Is it possible to extend FAB in a similar
way?

Thanks!

Re: Custom authentication with RBAC

Posted by Ravi Kotecha <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gabriel,

We have extended the auth backend for FAB to support OpenIDConnect here:
https://github.com/ministryofjustice/fab-oidc
and you can see how to configure it in our helm chart
<https://github.com/ministryofjustice/analytics-platform-helm-charts/blob/master/charts/airflow-k8s/templates/configmap.yml#L338>
.
What auth scheme are you using? Maybe we can upstream the most common ones?

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
You can define your own AirflowSecurityManager based on FAB's
SecurityManager
http://flask-appbuilder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/security.html docs.

We should publish docs on how to do this.

Max