Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Sanders <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/25 18:17:13 UTC

RPM Build Errors - File Listed Twice

Hello All,

I am trying to build Cloudstack 4.0.1 from source and am having a nightmare
building the required RPMs to install.

I have compiled with 'mvn install -Dnonoss' which runs through without
issue. (I have also followed the guide to install the vmware additions).

When I run waf rpm, I get the following errors:

Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
/root/wd/cloudstack/apache-cloudstack-4.0.1-incubating-src/artifacts/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/cloud-4.0.1-1.el6.x86_64
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/share/java/cloud-iControl.jar
   /usr/share/java/cloud-manageontap.jar
   /usr/share/java/cloud-netscaler-sdx.jar
   /usr/share/java/cloud-netscaler.jar

RPM build errors:
    File listed twice: /usr/share/java/axis2-1.5.1.jar
    File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/Catalina
    File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/Catalina/localhost
    File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/Catalina/localhost/client
    File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/db.properties
    File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/log4j-cloud.xml
    File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/tomcat6.conf
    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/share/java/cloud-iControl.jar
   /usr/share/java/cloud-manageontap.jar
   /usr/share/java/cloud-netscaler-sdx.jar
   /usr/share/java/cloud-netscaler.jar
system command rpmbuild failed with error value 1

What is it I am missing? Is this cached in someway?

Thanks

Paul
---
Kind Regards

Paul Sanders

Mail: paul.sanders87@googlemail.com

Re: RPM Build Errors - File Listed Twice

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:35 AM, Paul Sanders <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks David.
>
> Where will I find this specs file? (Apologies I am fairly new to all of
> this). Will it be a part of the cloud.spec?

It's in the root of the source tarball. (cloud.spec)

--David

Re: RPM Build Errors - File Listed Twice

Posted by Paul Sanders <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David.

Where will I find this specs file? (Apologies I am fairly new to all of
this). Will it be a part of the cloud.spec?

Thanks

---
Kind Regards

Paul Sanders
Mob: 07988 725 883

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Paul Sanders <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to build Cloudstack 4.0.1 from source and am having a nightmare
> building the required RPMs to install.
>
> I have compiled with 'mvn install -Dnonoss' which runs through without
> issue. (I have also followed the guide to install the vmware additions).
>
> When I run waf rpm, I get the following errors:
>
> Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> /root/wd/cloudstack/apache-cloudstack-4.0.1-incubating-src/artifacts/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/cloud-4.0.1-1.el6.x86_64
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-iControl.jar
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-manageontap.jar
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-netscaler-sdx.jar
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-netscaler.jar
>

> RPM build errors:
>     File listed twice: /usr/share/java/axis2-1.5.1.jar
>     File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/Catalina
>     File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/Catalina/localhost
>     File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/Catalina/localhost/client
>     File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/db.properties
>     File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/log4j-cloud.xml
>     File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/tomcat6.conf
>     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-iControl.jar
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-manageontap.jar
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-netscaler-sdx.jar
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-netscaler.jar
> system command rpmbuild failed with error value 1
>
> What is it I am missing? Is this cached in someway?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
> ---
> Kind Regards
>
> Paul Sanders
>
> Mail: paul.sanders87@googlemail.com

So RPM doesn't like the files listed twice, but it will exit cleanly
with them (patch welcome for that incidentally - there's an open bug
for it)

The problem thats causing it to fail is that the spec file doesn't
have a listing for the non-ASF friendly JARs.

See this thread from earlier in the month
http://markmail.org/message/s45dx53jmyop7cql

Essentially modify the spec file to include those file listing  (or
glob them with a file listing), and it will build fine.

--David