Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by christopher baus <ch...@baus.net> on 2000/02/05 00:13:25 UTC

Cache/extension association from zone.

Good day,

I just installed Cocoon 1.6.1 on jServ 1.1b2.  It seems to work with the
exception that I had to disable the default page cache or I always got the
first xml page requested after starting the VM.  Has anyone else seen/solved
this problem.

Also I am using hostpro.com to host servlets.  They assign a seperate zone
per virtual host.  I would like to associate .xml files with cocoon, but
only have access to the zone.properties file.  Is it possible to do the
associate from the zone?

Thanks,

christopher

Re: Cache/extension association from zone.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
christopher baus wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I just installed Cocoon 1.6.1 on jServ 1.1b2.  It seems to work with the
> exception that I had to disable the default page cache or I always got the
> first xml page requested after starting the VM.  Has anyone else seen/solved
> this problem.
>
> Also I am using hostpro.com to host servlets.  They assign a seperate zone
> per virtual host.  I would like to associate .xml files with cocoon, but
> only have access to the zone.properties file.  Is it possible to do the
> associate from the zone?

Unfortunately no, this is not possible.

The cocoon developers are already aware of the "mapping" problems that
appear evident on ISP or servlet hosting and we are committed to fix
that ASAP with a better way to assign URI partitions to Cocoon for
handling.

The idea is to map Cocoon to a particular directory (say
http://host/path-handled-by-cocoon/) and then have a "sitemap" file
where Cocoon has instructions about how to handle every URL that appears
to be under that partition.

Still, this won't be configurable from the zone.properties file, but
from the apache .htaccess file (which is normally given to ISP clients)
you can specify what URI in your virtual-host should be assigned to
Cocoon and work from there on. In your zone you'll specify what sitemap
cocoon should use, since you could easily map one cocoon present into a
zone to a particular sitemap and use another cocoon with other settings
and other sitemaps mapped to another URI space.

I think is kind of blurry right now, but this is early development stage
for this.

Stefano.