Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2003/01/23 05:24:09 UTC

RE: Re[2]: tomcatAuthentication="false" and getRemoteUser returning null in recent versions of Tomcat

Notice that you misspelled tomcatAuthentication.  You wrote:

request.tomcatAuthenticatoin=false

It should be

request.tomcatAuthentication=false

Jake

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
I actually had to comment out my security-constraint's to make it so Tomcat
would not ask for authentication to make it not request it.  If there is a
workaround where that stuff is just ignored in the case of
tomcatAuthentication=false and invoked in the case of
tomcatAuthentication=true, that would be excellent because then I wouldn't
have such a dependency on Apache to provide for the username and
password.  I certainly need to have Apache fronting it in production, but
for testing, it would be nice to go straight at Tomcat rather than through
Apache without having to modify my web.xml file.

Please let me know if you find such a feature set in Tomcat.

thanks,

Jake

Memory Management in Tomcat

Posted by Rommel Sharma <ro...@cisco.com>.
Hi!
   May be this question has been asked in the past, but I need some
information.reference material on Memory Management in Tomcat.
1.  How do we handle 'Memory Management' problems in Tomcat when huge
applications are running, and a lot of objects are stored in the memory of
the JVM.
2. Is there a background process running in Tomcat that runs to check the
memory utilized and to deallocate memory.

Looking fwd for answers/reference material.

Thanks,
Rommel.

RE: Re[2]: tomcatAuthentication="false" and getRemoteUser returning null in recent versions of Tomcat

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>