Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Srikanteswararao Talluri <sr...@citrix.com> on 2013/03/13 11:56:33 UTC

regarding the feature - support for storage motion on VMware

This mail is regarding  "support for storage motion on VMware".  It was mentioned before that the same FS as xenmotion-https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Enabling+Storage+XenMotion+for+XenServer -   would be used for VMware storage motion too.  I feel there is a need to create a wiki page to call out details of storage motion on VMWare. Same is the case with the feature tracking bug too, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-659 .

Thanks,
~Talluri

Re: regarding the feature - support for storage motion on VMware

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 04:26:33PM +0530, Srikanteswararao Talluri wrote:
> This mail is regarding  "support for storage motion on VMware".  It was mentioned before that the same FS as xenmotion-https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Enabling+Storage+XenMotion+for+XenServer -   would be used for VMware storage motion too.  I feel there is a need to create a wiki page to call out details of storage motion on VMWare. Same is the case with the feature tracking bug too, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-659 .
>
> Thanks,
> ~Talluri

+1 to Talluri's suggestion