Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric Strain <er...@hotmail.com> on 2001/10/31 23:32:39 UTC

new tomcat user

Hi:
I'm new to tomcat, does anyone here know where tomcat looks for the
javax.servlet package when building the servlets? I run TC from the command
line as
C:\jdk11.8.3>javac.exe MyProgram.java

and TC can't find the javax.servlet packages from
import javax.servlet.*;   and
import javax.servlet.http.*;  any help is appreciated thanks.

Re: new tomcat user

Posted by Chase <ch...@osdev.org>.
> and TC can't find the javax.servlet packages from
> import javax.servlet.*;   and
> import javax.servlet.http.*;  any help is appreciated thanks.

include Tomcat's servlet.jar in your classpath

-Chase

RE: new tomcat user

Posted by Pritpal Dhaliwal <ps...@ucdavis.edu>.
you are missing servlet.jar from your CLASSPATH.
You could either add it in the CLASSPATH. or you could put it the
JAVA_HOME/lib/ and it will be picked up next time you compile your java
files.

There is a really nice Java IDE called JCreator.  Its looks a lot like
Microsoft Visual tools.  In JCreator you could make list of your .jar files
and included them into whatever project you want.  When you compile with
JCreator those .jar files are automatically included in your CLASSPATH.
This keeps you away from cluttering your CLASSPATH.

Its free also.   check it out  www.jcreator.com

Regards,

Pritpal Dhaliwal
I'm new to tomcat, does anyone here know where tomcat looks for the
javax.servlet package when building the servlets? I run TC from the command
line as
C:\jdk11.8.3>javac.exe MyProgram.java

and TC can't find the javax.servlet packages from
import javax.servlet.*;   and
import javax.servlet.http.*;  any help is appreciated thanks.

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>