Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Richard Megyese <ri...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/24 05:34:48 UTC

SPELL CHECKER

Spell checker is not working.  When I type everything is red underlined.
Standard.dic appears empty.
I have done the Help item related.  Everything looks ok.
Richard

RE: SPELL CHECKER

Posted by am...@aol.com.INVALID.
Hi Richard,
Run OpenOffice and open Tools>Extension Manager so then click 'Add' and directly point to the downloaded file. It should install the extension into OO.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 12:58:47 -0400
Richard Megyese <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rory, Thanks for the reply.  I performed your suggestion.  When I
> restarted OpenOffice I received a updated extensions available message. I
> downloaded dict-en-20220601_aoo.oxt.
> Win10 placed file in Downloads folder.  Looks like a new dict file or
> possibly an executable.  What's next.  BTW  I'm no software expert, but
> retired network engineer 20 years ago.  I'm still able to stumble around
> and get the job done.  So in jest  KISS.  Thanks, Richard
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 3:31 AM Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 01:34:48 -0400
> > Richard Megyese <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Spell checker is not working.  When I type everything is red underlined.
> > > Standard.dic appears empty.
> > > I have done the Help item related.  Everything looks ok.
> > > Richard
> >
> > Start by renaming your OpenOffice user profile.
> >
> > If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
> > Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer
> > (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
> > Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a
> > good choice. Start OpenOffice.
> >
> > This cures most spellcheck problems.
> >

> > --
> > Rory O'Farrell

Double click the .oxt file and OpenOffice will install it.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: SPELL CHECKER

Posted by Richard Megyese <ri...@gmail.com>.