Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by da...@opensource.lk on 2004/08/27 10:05:39 UTC

samples/configure.ac

Hi,
I added the configure and Makefile.in's into the cvs so that somebody not
having auto tools should be able to build axisc++ in his platform. Still
since configure.ac and Makefile.am's are availble he can use autotools
to generate configure and Makefile.in's for himself.

I'm going to add tests/configure.ac and samples/configure.ac as well.
This is because of the following.

When one build source and execute make install the following folder
structure is installed

                        axiscpp_deploy

             ------------------------------------
             |      |    |     |     |          |
           bin    lib   docs  log  samples     tests

This actually is the folder structure of the binary distribution provided
with
a release. Inside the lib all the libraries needed(apache tranport, client
transport, parser etc) are placed. If someone need to play with the
samples/tests
and build them agian they should be able to build the samples/tests. In
that case they go into the samples/tests and run
./configure --prefix=<path>/axiscpp_deploy
make
make install

So if he wants to generate his configure and Makefile.in's, then
configure.ac should be available to him.

thanks
damitha