Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org> on 2013/04/10 19:34:40 UTC

Opening an existing document

In previous versions of OOo, when an existing document was opened in
writer (I don't know about other components), it was opened at the same
place in the document where it was closed the time beffore.  I find that
function rather useful and do not understand why it has been
eliminated.  Would it be possible to get it back?

--
Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03

Re: Opening an existing document

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 13:42 10/04/2013 -0500, Dale Erwin wrote:
>That sounds like an awful lot of work for my use.

Good-oh!  That's why I called it a workaround.

>I would have to do that 50 times a day, ...

If it's worth it to you to have a bookmark, you would find it
worthwhile to set it!

>... and how do you get rid of the previous bookmark when you set a new one?

Have you not experimented?

1. You don't particularly need to: you just need to go to the
appropriate (new) named bookmark each time you reopen the document.

2. In the Navigator.  Didn't you see?

Brian Barker

Re: Opening an existing document

Posted by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org>.
That sounds like an awful lot of work for my use.  I would have to do
that 50 times a day, and how do you get rid of the previous bookmark
when  you set a new one?

I think I will just use my Portable copy of OOo 3.2.0, from Sun, which
does have the behavior I like.

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 18:30:59 -0000, Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:

> If you refer having the document opening at the last editing position,
> you need to enter a name in
> /Tools /Options /OpenOffice.org /User Data on Windows / Linux machines.

and you would probably need to enable loading user-specific settings with
documents under tools > options > load/save > general (i didn't try myself
but that seems sensible).

Re: Opening an existing document

Posted by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org>.
Thanks, Rory, that took care of it... and I didn't have to restart the
Quickstarter.  I just restarted writer.  This will be a real time-saver
for me.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.