Posted to repository@apache.org by Anou Manavalan <an...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/31 16:06:30 UTC

RE: re Group was Argrement #1? : Layout (aka URL)

> > >Let's try to work this one through to completion:
> > So what should group be
>
> > Given Noel's concern about Top Level Project and projects moving.
> > I think that leaves us with the java package name.
>
>Why?
>
> > Also to keep the listing smaller can group  be something like
> > /apache/commons/beantuils  or must it be apache-comons-beanutils.

Here is a different view,

I would like to see the group as completely different from the project name
but what the user is used to, like an "XML" group, "WebServices" group,
"Testing"....   Thoughts ?  Because sometimes, the project names don't say
what they are actually meant to do, and even if it says they could be
acronyms or something indirect, so having a meaningful group and then
whatever project falls under that will be a good one for the users.

And I think version should be mandatory, since that is the killer in the
java world.

regards,
-Anou

See when your friends are online with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now
FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com