Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com> on 2009/01/22 16:29:27 UTC

Should force mode work for ivy:install?

Today I used ivy:install to move a certain revision of a module from one
repository (chain) to another repository.   I was somewhat surprised to
see that Ivy magically chose a newer version than I specified.

I cannot think of any use case for ivy:install where it would be a good
idea to do this.   In my opinion, all the inputs to ivy:install should
be used in a fixed manner regardless of resolver force behavior.   Is
this reasonable thinking?  Would someone look into this if I create a
JIRA issue?

RE: Should force mode work for ivy:install?

Posted by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com>.
This was actually from a pure Ivy repo (internal corporate artifacts)
and the ivy.xml is indeed correct.  The problem is definitely that the
chain contained a forced resolver and install forced a revision from it.
When I substituted an un-forced instance of the same resolver in the
chain, install worked as I believe it should.   Force is definitely the
culprit for this problem.

Posted by Alan Chaney <al...@writingshow.com>.

Posted by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com>.