Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Raffaele Palmieri <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/21 16:33:43 UTC

Maven configuration

Hi devs,
I've seen that maven configuration argument had been discussed and there is
also an issue on Jira (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-1371).
Our need is developing/integrating some plugins for Nutch and I realize
that using current configuration Ant/Ivy is quite difficult to use for the
development and unit testing.
Is there any updates to migrate to Maven?
Our proposal is:
pom.xml (aggregator)
- main_module (actually src)
- nutch_plugins (pom plugin aggregator)
- creativecommons (actually /src/plugin/creativecommons)
- index-anchor
                - ...
It's true that's a problem for who runs current configuration, but Maven
could be a better solution also for them,
Best,
RP.

Re: Fwd: Maven configuration

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Raffaele,

sorry for the late reply.

I also do not know about the status of NUTCH-2292 (except for what is visible on Jira and github).

> I haven't verified the tests.

Unit tests should run and succeed. That's a requirement for pull request to be merged.

Best,
Sebastian

Re: Fwd: Maven configuration

Posted by Raffaele Palmieri <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebastian and Lewis,
in the meantime you can find the commit with some stuff for mavenization
here: https://github.com/zirafel/nutch/tree/NUTCH-2292
I haven't verified the tests.
@Lewis let me know if the state of 2292 hasn't changed, so that I make a
pull request.