Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Vijay Kumar Kamannavar <vi...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/20 08:59:53 UTC

TLS 1 is disabled in RDP

Hello All,

I have guacamole 0.9.2 version running. I am getting connectivity error
when i tried to connect to the RDP machine where TLS1 is disabled.

Is 0.9.2 is not supporting RDP connectivity where TLS1 is disabled ? if yes
is there any suggestions to avoid it ?

Thanks,
VIjay

Re: TLS 1 is disabled in RDP

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:59 AM, Vijay Kumar Kamannavar <
vijaykumar.ppsg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have guacamole 0.9.2 version running.

Why such an old version?

I am getting connectivity error when i tried to connect to the RDP machine
> where TLS1 is disabled.
>
> Is 0.9.2 is not supporting RDP connectivity where TLS1 is disabled ? if
> yes is there any suggestions to avoid it ?

It's not Guacamole itself which implements TLS for RDP, but the underlying
library (FreeRDP). I'm not aware of any bug in FreeRDP which would prevent
TLS from working properly in this case, but I have not explicitly tested
for this.

Do you see the same problem if you run the xfreerdp client directly? That
should help narrow down whether there is indeed something Guacamole should
be doing differently. If the same problem occurs when using the xfreerdp
client, which uses the same underlying RDP library, then that suggests this
is a bug in FreeRDP.

- Mike