Posted to users@apex.apache.org by Jim <ji...@facility.supplies> on 2016/02/12 23:16:12 UTC

First Apex Application

I am testing my first Apex application.

I developed using Intellij editor on windows, and set up a test Apex server on a linux Ubuntu box using the sandboxed enterprise edition.

My application runs fine locally from my dev environment; all operators run as expected and access the correct databases, etc.

The application uploads to the Apex server on the linux box without any issues.

But when I try to launch the application, I see the error:

An error occurred trying to launch the application. Server message: java.io.IOException: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: file:/tmp/dt-appPackage-93335579184573/launch.xml (No such file or directory) at com.datatorrent.stram.client.DTConfiguration.writeToFile(DTConfiguration.java:141) at com.datatorrent.stram.client.DTConfiguration.writeToFile(DTConfiguration.java:147) at com.datatorrent.stram.cli.DTCli.getLaunchAppPackageArgs(DTCli.java:3611) at com.datatorrent.stram.cli.DTCli.launchAppPackage(DTCli.java:3450) at com.datatorrent.stram.cli.DTCli.access$7000(DTCli.java:106) at com.datatorrent.stram.cli.DTCli$LaunchCommand.execute(DTCli.java:1892) at com.datatorrent.stram.cli.DTCli$3.run(DTCli.java:1449) Caused by: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: file:/tmp/dt-appPackage-93335579184573/launch.xml (No such file or directory) at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.createResultContentHandler(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:245) at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:278) at com.datatorrent.stram.client.DTConfiguration.writeToFile(DTConfiguration.java:135) ... 6 more Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: file:/tmp/dt-appPackage-93335579184573/launch.xml (No such file or directory) at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:221) at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:110) at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.createResultContentHandler(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:235) ... 8 more

And I cannot find any references to this file in any google searches, or documentation.

Has anyone encountered this error, and can tell me what is causing it so I can launch my application?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim

jim@facility.supplies (414) 760-7711
________________________________
The information contained in this communication, including any files or attachments transmitted with it, may contain copyrighted information or information that is confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws and regulations, is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, files or attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.

Re: First Apex Application

Posted by Ashwin Chandra Putta <as...@gmail.com>.
I see the following tree when I added the dependency without excluding
anything:

[INFO]    \- org.milyn:milyn-smooks-javabean:jar:1.6:compile
[INFO]       \- org.milyn:milyn-smooks-core:jar:1.6:compile
[INFO]          +- com.thoughtworks.xstream:xstream:jar:1.4.1:compile
[INFO]          |  +- xmlpull:xmlpull:jar:1.1.3.1:compile
[INFO]          |  \- xpp3:xpp3_min:jar:1.1.4c:compile
[INFO]          +- org.mvel:mvel2:jar:2.0.17:compile
[INFO]          +- jaxen:jaxen:jar:1.1.1:compile
[INFO]          |  +- dom4j:dom4j:jar:1.6.1:compile
[INFO]          |  +- jdom:jdom:jar:1.0:compile
[INFO]          |  +- xml-apis:xml-apis:jar:1.3.02:compile
[INFO]          |  +- xerces:xercesImpl:jar:2.6.2:compile
[INFO]          |  \- xom:xom:jar:1.0:compile
[INFO]          |     +- xerces:xmlParserAPIs:jar:2.6.2:compile
[INFO]          |     +- xalan:xalan:jar:2.6.0:compile
[INFO]          |     \- com.ibm.icu:icu4j:jar:2.6.1:compile
[INFO]          +- dtdparser:dtdparser:jar:1.21:compile
[INFO]          \- javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.1:compile

But when I exclude xalan as you mentioned, here is what I see the following
without xalan

[INFO]    \- org.milyn:milyn-smooks-javabean:jar:1.6:compile
[INFO]       \- org.milyn:milyn-smooks-core:jar:1.6:compile
[INFO]          +- com.thoughtworks.xstream:xstream:jar:1.4.1:compile
[INFO]          |  +- xmlpull:xmlpull:jar:1.1.3.1:compile
[INFO]          |  \- xpp3:xpp3_min:jar:1.1.4c:compile
[INFO]          +- org.mvel:mvel2:jar:2.0.17:compile
[INFO]          +- dtdparser:dtdparser:jar:1.21:compile
[INFO]          \- javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.1:compile

Please check if there is some other dependency which is adding xalan.

Ashwin.

RE: First Apex Application

Posted by Jim <ji...@facility.supplies>.
Checking now…

The xalan classes are in the classpath from some source, we need to figure out from where.

Regards,
Ashwin.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Jim <ji...@facility.supplies>> wrote:
I did check that, and it is not coming from anywhere else.

Jim

[cid:image001.jpg@01D165C9.D3C0E100]

127.0.0.1:9090<http://127.0.0.1:9090>

jim@facility.supplies<ma...@facility.supplies> (414) 760-7711<tel:%28414%29%20760-7711>
________________________________

Re: First Apex Application

Posted by Ashwin Chandra Putta <as...@gmail.com>.
Jim

>From the exception trace, it does seem like xalan classes are injected from
some dependency. Can you also check the contents in the app package to
ensure that it is not pulled in from somewhere.

Ashwin.

RE: First Apex Application

Posted by Jim <ji...@facility.supplies>.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D165C2.B463DF80]

Re: First Apex Application

Posted by Ashwin Chandra Putta <as...@gmail.com>.
I am wondering if xalan dependency is coming from some other dependency
path even if you excluded it in mylin. You can try maven dependency tree
command to check all the dependencies that are used within the tree.

Run the following command from the directory in which pom.xml resides.

mvn dependency:tree

Regards,
Ashwin.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Jim <ji...@facility.supplies> wrote:

> Yes, I can try that.. it may take me a little bit.. will respond as soon
> as I have tested that.
>

> FYI, the smooks module takes two template xml files, and allows me to
> transform an inbound edi string, to an xml document, which is more easily
> parsed from within the application.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Jim

Ashwin.

RE: First Apex Application

[cid:image001.jpg@01D165BD.91D6C1D0]

Re: First Apex Application

Posted by Ashwin Chandra Putta <as...@gmail.com>.
Let me try with that Jim, meanwhile do you mind trying out excluding
everything for you dependency and then add only required sub dependencies
externally?

<*dependency*>
  <*groupId*>org.milyn</*groupId*>
  <*artifactId*>milyn-smooks-edi</*artifactId*>
  <*version*>${smooks.version}</*version*>
  <*exclusions*>
    <*exclusion*>
      <*artifactId*>*</*artifactId*>
      <*groupId*>*</*groupId*>
    </*exclusion*>
  </*exclusions*>
</*dependency*>

Regards,
Ashwin.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 3:36 PM, Jim <ji...@facility.supplies> wrote:

> 1.6

Ashwin.

RE: First Apex Application

[cid:image001.jpg@01D165BB.ECC1D230]

Re: First Apex Application

Posted by Ashwin Chandra Putta <as...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing the dependency Jim. Which version of mylin are you using?

Regards,
Ashwin.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Jim <ji...@facility.supplies> wrote:

> I do have a module that pulls in xalan, but I have excluded it in the POM:
>

> <*dependency*>
>   <*groupId*>org.milyn</*groupId*>
>   <*artifactId*>milyn-smooks-edi</*artifactId*>
>   <*version*>${smooks.version}</*version*>
>   <*exclusions*>
>     <*exclusion*>
>       <*artifactId*>xercesImpl</*artifactId*>
>       <*groupId*>xerces</*groupId*>
>     </*exclusion*>
>     <*exclusion*>
>       <*artifactId*>icu4j</*artifactId*>
>       <*groupId*>com.ibm.icu</*groupId*>
>     </*exclusion*>
>     <*exclusion*>
>       <*artifactId*>xalan</*artifactId*>
>       <*groupId*>xalan</*groupId*>
>     </*exclusion*>
>     <*exclusion*>
>       <*artifactId*>jaxen</*artifactId*>
>       <*groupId*>jaxen</*groupId*>
>     </*exclusion*>
>   </*exclusions*>
> </*dependency*>
>

> I don’t have it referenced anywhere else in my maven show depencies from
> within my intellij
>

> Jim

Ashwin.

RE: First Apex Application