Posted to users@maven.apache.org by vipul vij <vi...@orange.net> on 2003/04/08 21:17:27 UTC

Building projects using Maven

Hi to you all,

I am new to using Maven and was wondering if there is any way of
automatically checking out source code from a CVS repository in order
to perform builds? (i.e. when there are changes) There is
a "repository" value in the POM and although it is possible to include
this value in the instructions for developers on how to connect to the
source repository, it is not clear whether or not maven detects
changes in the repository and therefore execute a build. I have found
it has been neccessary to use the "cvs -
d :pserver:user@host:/cvs/project_path checkout project_name" command
and then rearrange all the source files in order to get the "Maven
site:generate" working to produce the html pages.

Since I have been using Anthill
http://www.urbancode.com/projects/anthill/default.jsp) for scheduling
builds etc. I was looking to use Anthill for daily builds and Maven
for major releases and include the documentation. However, it would be
much easier to just use Maven for all builds including nightly builds
by running a cron job; but only if maven can detect changes in the CVS
that may have been made.

How do I configure the e-mail notification to work on builds ?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions/advice.

Any help will be kindly appreciated.

Regards,

Vipul Vij