Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kurt Overberg <ku...@hotdogrecords.com> on 2005/04/11 18:43:57 UTC

Returning a different .jsp than the one the browser asked for...

Gang,

I've scoured the net looking for something that would help me do this- currently
looking at Wrapping the HttpServletRequest, but not having much luck.

Environment: tomcat 5.0.28 on linux, also using struts 1.1

I'm trying to make my system so that if a user asks for something like
/pages/testing.jsp, it does a check to see if /pages/en_us/testing.jsp exists
and if it does, it returns (executes, whatever) that page.  Otherwise it will
return /pages/testing.jsp.  It seems like the tomcat (or was it struts?) used to
do something like this where if testing_fr.jsp existed, and the person's locale
was set to "FR" it would return that, but that appears to have gone away and I
can't really find anything on it.  ANY help or pointers would be greatly
appreciated!  Thanks!

/kurt

Re: Returning a different .jsp than the one the browser asked for...

Posted by Kurt Overberg <ku...@hotdogrecords.com>.
I was kinda able to do what I needed by using a filter- thanks for your reply!

/kurt

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
I don't know if this is helpful, but if you have a front controller in
your architecture, which would be normal,, this sort of behavior would
be simple to code.  Do you have a front controller?

On Apr 11, 2005 9:43 AM, Kurt Overberg <ku...@hotdogrecords.com> wrote:

> Gang,
>
> I've scoured the net looking for something that would help me do this- currently
> looking at Wrapping the HttpServletRequest, but not having much luck.
>
> Environment: tomcat 5.0.28 on linux, also using struts 1.1
>
> I'm trying to make my system so that if a user asks for something like
> /pages/testing.jsp, it does a check to see if /pages/en_us/testing.jsp exists
> and if it does, it returns (executes, whatever) that page.  Otherwise it will
> return /pages/testing.jsp.  It seems like the tomcat (or was it struts?) used to
> do something like this where if testing_fr.jsp existed, and the person's locale
> was set to "FR" it would return that, but that appears to have gone away and I
> can't really find anything on it.  ANY help or pointers would be greatly
> appreciated!  Thanks!
>
> /kurt

~Dakota Jack~