Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Pilgrim, Peter" <pe...@csfb.com> on 2004/06/08 14:34:37 UTC

[OT] [SUCCESS] Struts Users in London / meet+greet / pub / netwo rking / BOF? / pre J1

Dear Global Struts Users

I am writing to you all in order to report that we had a sucessful
first meeting in London, last night.

	Monday 7th June 2004 19:15 GMT @ Waxy O'Connor (Irish Pub)
	in central London, the West End.

The following person were in attendance:

	Peter Pilgrim / CSFB / Contractor
	Tim Penhey / Bar Cap / Contractor
	Niall Pemberton /
	Christopher Marsh-Bourdon / Pyplia
	Charles Cordingley / RBS

(Mike Raath could not make it over at the last minute)

The discussions were on Struts and other technologies.

      (*) Struts Validator
      (*) Postgres database backup using a web container
      (*) Tiles
      (*) Eclipse
      (*) My Eclipse
      (*) JBuilder X
      (*) JDeveloper
      (*) Professional working life
      (*) Recruitment agents
      (*) Recruitment agent software ( I mention no names)
      (*) Struts Committer status
      (*) State of art in Struts developer
      (*) JSF
      (*) My SQL
      (*) Australian Snake-bite drink. (I tried one.)
      (*) The rest I can't remember.

In all I think we all had a good jolly time. It was certainly
worthwhile putting faces to electronic mail addresses.

The next meeting / network opportunity probably is in mid-July
after my trip to Java One and further spanish horizons. My calendar
is free after or on Monday 19th July 2004.

( Andrew Hill is coming over to UK towards the end of July.
Andrew, please let me know your preferred dates. If there is
another interest we can do it again :-)

If there's anyone else interested in London, England, UK please
contact me off-list. Also if you want to suggest locations
that's pretty cool as well.

PS: There is exactly a £5.80p in the treasury "kitty" for the next
time.

Finally, here is a great UK government site http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?r.s=sl&topicId=1074456765

Thanks for your time.
--
Peter Pilgrim
Operations/IT - Credit Suisse First Boston,

This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you received this message in error please delete it and notify us. If this message was misdirected, CSFB does not waive any confidentiality or privilege. CSFB retains and monitors electronic communications sent through its network. Instructions transmitted over this system are not binding on CSFB until they are confirmed by us. Message transmission is not guaranteed to be secure.

Re: [OT] [SUCCESS] Struts Users in London / meet+greet / pub / netwo rking / BOF? / pre J1

Posted by mike <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.
That's great, Peter.  I will be looking forward to sitting in when in London.

Michael