Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Rakesh N R <ra...@wipro.com> on 2002/07/16 10:06:59 UTC

socket error

Hi All,

  I am getting this error while trying to run a test case using cactus i
believe it may be because of incorrect cactus.properties could any one
help me

Time: 0.401
There was 1 error:
1)
testAddSpecVisualTemplate(com.pindartech.clipper.svb.ui.action.svt.test.SVTAd

dTemplateActionTest)
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:90)
        at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:227)
        at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:285)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:118)
        at
java.io.PushbackInputStream.read(PushbackInputStream.java:168)
        at sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(MeteredStream.java:72)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:97)
        at
org.apache.cactus.client.AutoReadHttpURLConnection.copy(LogAspect.jav
a(1k), Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.cactus.client.AutoReadHttpURLConnection.getBufferedInputSt
ream(LogAspect.java(1k):184)
        at
org.apache.cactus.client.AutoReadHttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Log
Aspect.java(1k):141)
        at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.callRunTest(LogAspect.jav
a(1k):195)
        at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.dispatch1_doTest(LogAspec
t.java(1k):120)
        at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.around1_doTest(LogAspect.
java(1k):1221)
        at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(LogAspect.java(1k)
:115)
        at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractTestCase.ja
va:457)
        at
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:133)
        at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:400)

FAILURES!!!
Tests run: 1,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 1

My cactus.properties is

# Configuration file for Cactus.

# Each project using Cactus need to have such a file put in the client
side
# CLASSPATH (Meaning the directory containgin this file should be in the
client
# side CLASSPATH, not the file itself of course ... :) )

# Defines the URLs that will be used by Cactus to call it's redirectors.

# You need to specify in these URLs the webapp context that you use for
your
# application. In the example below, the context is "test".

# Web app Context under which our application to test runs
cactus.contextURL = http://localhost:7001/

# Default Servlet Redirector Name. Used by ServletTestCase test cases.
cactus.servletRedirectorName = ServletRedirector

# Default JSP Redirector Name. Used by JspTestCase test cases.
cactus.jspRedirectorName = JspRedirector

# NOTE: Some servlet 2.3 containers need to map the filter to a valid
# resource (Orion 1.5.2 for example). Others, like Tomcat, are happy
# with just any mapping.
#
# For example, the following would work with Tomcat (and this is what I
would
# have expected !) :
# cactus.filterRedirectorName = FilterRedirector

cactus.filterRedirectorName = test/filterRedirector.jsp

# Enable Cactus internal logging
cactus.enableLogging = true

TIA
Rakesh

RE: socket error

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Rakesh,

As Larry said, the easiest way to diagnosis problems is to turn on
logging and have a look at cactus_client.log. It will in most cases tell
you exactly what the problem is (you'll see exactly in details the
content of the HTML returned by the server).

Give it a try!

Cheers,
-Vincent