Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/15 17:07:48 UTC

[DRAFT] XML Graphics Report for August 2021

Hi folks,

Here's the DRAFT Apache XML Graphics Project Board Report for August 2021.

Please let me know if any input is required. ;-)

Clay

===

Here's the DRAFT Apache XML Graphics Project Board Report for August 2021.

Thank you all for all you do for the Apache Community and the greater good!

Apache XML Graphics Project Board Report
==================================

The Apache XML Graphics Project is responsible for software intended for the
creation & maintenance of the conversion of XML formats to graphical output &
related software components.

ISSUES FOR THE BOARD
=====================

No issues at present.

ACTIVITY
========
* Apache Batik 1.14 released 2021-01-21
* Apache FOP 2.6 released 2021-01-21
* Apache XML Graphics Commons 2.6 released 2021-01-21

PROJECT HEALTH REPORT
=======================

The level of community and developer activity remains at a consistent,
moderate, level with respect to the previous reporting period.

RECENT PMC CHANGES
==================

Currently 11 PMC members.

* Simon Steiner was added to the PMC on Tue Jan 19 2016
  * Simon ABSOLUTELY ROCKS IT!
* Clay Leeds was approved for XML Graphics PMC Chair position on March 26,
  2018.

Committers
==========

Currently 21 committers.

* No new committers added in the last 3 months
* Last committer added was Matthias Reischenbacher at Wed May 13 2015

Most Recent Releases
====================

* Apache Batik 1.14 was released January 21, 2021
* Apache FOP 2.6 was released January 21, 2021
* Apache XML Graphics Commons 2.6 was released January 21, 2021

= SUB PROJECTS =
================

XML GRAPHICS COMMONS
====================

Community activity was light, although there were a few bugs resolved.

New Release?
------------

* Apache XML Graphics Commons 2.6 was released January 21, 2021

Latest Release
--------------

XML Graphics Commons 2.6 was released on January 21, 2021

FOP
===

* Apache FOP 2.6 was released January 21, 2021

Newest Release?
---------------

* Support OTF/TTF SVG fonts
* Allow overpaint of PDF border
* Bug fixes

Latest Release
--------------

Apache XML Graphics FOP 2.6 was released on January 21, 2021

BATIK
=====

* Apache Batik 1.14 was released January 21, 2021

New Release?
------------

Apache XML Graphics Apache Batik 1.14 was released on January 21, 2021
* BATIK-1292: Useless console message "About to transcoder source of type:
  ..."
* BATIK-1297: Dependency Convergence issue with xml-apis

Latest Release

Apache XML Graphics Apache Batik 1.14 was released on January 21, 2021

Warm regards,

Clay

"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet