Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/07 11:34:35 UTC

Creation of an empty output directory in hadoop filesystem

Hello all,

I had written a kmer mapreduce program in java. There is no error in the
program and while running it creates an output directory in hadoop file
system but that directory is empty.
Please help to resolve this issue.
Input file(test.txt) and kmer.java is attached herewith.
--
Thanks and regards
  Vandana kumari

Re: Creation of an empty output directory in hadoop filesystem

Posted by meenakshi Lakshmanan <me...@yahoo.com>.
This causes ArrayIndexOutOfBound Exception which was the reason to  generate empty directory
line.substring(i,2) should be line.substring(i,i+2); as substring takes start and end index as parameters Thanks,
  L.Meenakshi

     On Wednesday, January 7, 2015 7:42 PM, Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com> wrote:

 I had made changes in the file but still nothing happens. Please help i am beginner in this.
kmer.java is attached herewith.

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com> wrote:

yes, there is no compilation error. But thank you for finding mistakes, i will make the above changes and let you all know.
On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 6:52 PM, Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Vandana,
Also, in the code that you attached, I see 2 compilation errors. How is it even compiling? Or am I missing something here?
1- The 'sum' is not declared in the Map class.2- The 'sum' in the Reduce class, when written to the context needs to be IntWritable and not directly an int.
Regards,Shahab
On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 8:18 AM, Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

First try:
You should use @Override annotation before map and reduce methods so they are actually called.
Like this:@Override public void map(LongWritable k,Text v,Context con)throws IOException,InterruptedException
        {...
Do same for 'reduce' method.
Regards,Shahab
On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 4:16 PM, saurabh chhajed <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you attach .java file instead of .class ?

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,

I had written a kmer mapreduce program in java. There is no error in the program and while running it creates an output directory in hadoop file system but that directory is empty.
 Please help to resolve this issue.
Input file(test.txt) and kmer.java is attached herewith.
--
Thanks and regards  Vandana kumari

--

|   |

| Saurabh Chhajedsaurzcode.in/ |
|  |

|   |

Posted by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
Vandana,

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
Vandana,

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
Vandana,

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
Vandana,

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
First try:

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Does this even compile? In the mapper the variable sum doesn't seem to be
defined?

con.write(new Text(y), new IntWritable(sum));

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
First try:

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
First try:

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
First try:

Posted by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by saurabh chhajed <sc...@gmail.com>.

--

[image: --]
Saurabh Chhajed

Re: Creation of an empty output directory in hadoop filesystem

Posted by saurabh chhajed <sc...@gmail.com>.

--

[image: --]
Saurabh Chhajed

Re: Creation of an empty output directory in hadoop filesystem

Posted by saurabh chhajed <sc...@gmail.com>.

--

[image: --]
Saurabh Chhajed

Re: Creation of an empty output directory in hadoop filesystem

Posted by saurabh chhajed <sc...@gmail.com>.

--

[image: --]
Saurabh Chhajed