Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mp...@mail.unomaha.edu on 2002/07/23 23:31:07 UTC

mod_jk problem ==> Invalid command 'JkMount'?

Hi,

I'm  trying  to get Tomcat 4 running with Apache 1.3 on Linux (RedHat 7.3).
I      have      followed     the     configuration     instructions     at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html         and
http://www.galatea.com/flashguides/apache-tomcat-4-unix.xml  on  how  to do
this.   From  what  I  can  tell,  tomcat  is  running  correctly  with the
modifications  I  have made (no errors on restart).  However, when I try to
restart  Apache  (or  use  apachectl configtest), I get the following error
message:

Syntax error on line 1260 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid  command  'JkMount', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

Line 1260 of httpd.conf is the fifth line of the following:

<VirtualHost 137.48.138.201>
    ServerName bioinformatics.ist.unomaha.edu
    ServerAlias bioinformatics.unomaha.edu
    DocumentRoot "/bioinformatics/webapps"
    JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
    DirectoryIndex index.jsp index.html
</VirtualHost>

I  have  no  idea how to fix this as "JkMount" is indeed spelled correctly.
Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Another         question,         if         you         have         time.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html   indicates
that  you  need  to  load  the  mod_jk  module  in http.conf using both the
LoadModule and AddModule directives; e.g.,
LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule mod_jk.c

When  I  try  to  restart  Apache,  this  gives me a warning (someone about
mod_jk.c  already being loaded) which goes away when I remove the AddModule
line.  Is just having LoadModule sufficient?

Mark

----------------------------
Mark A. Pauley
College of Information Science & Technology, UNO
Omaha, NE 68182-0116
e-mail:  mark@pauley.com
phone:  (402) 554-4954  fax:  (402) 554-3284

Training Tomcat

Posted by Alexandre <as...@fazenda.sp.gov.br>.
Any people can help-me ?
i need to Tomcat training to 4 peoples here in Brazil.

can you help me ?
thanks

Re: mod_jk problem ==> Invalid command 'JkMount'?

Posted by Mark Pelillo <pe...@earthlink.net>.
To answer your second question, I don't believe you need the AddModule
line.  I ran into the same problem, but when I deleted the line it
worked great.  The only thing you have to be carefully of is the order
in which the modules are loaded.  FYI if you are going to use PHP4.2.1
and mod_jk/mod_jk2, the php has to added last.  Don't ask me why, but it
took me a week and about two dozen compile to figure it out.