Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Manuel Mall <mm...@arcus.com.au> on 2008/02/04 02:26:00 UTC

Test case maintenance

Just wondering if it is only me but observing the patches over the last
months it appears that the appetite for maintaining and enhancing the set of
test cases seems to have reduced. There was a time in the past when most
bugs fixed and/or enhancements made were accompanied by additions and/or
modifications to our test suites. This was basically how the test suite grew
to its current substantial size and gained a useful coverage.

Cheers

Manuel

Re: Test case maintenance

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Feb 4, 2008, at 02:26, Manuel Mall wrote:

Hi Manuel

> Just wondering if it is only me but observing the patches over the
> last months it appears that the appetite for maintaining and
> enhancing the set of test cases seems to have reduced. There was a
> time in the past when most bugs fixed and/or enhancements made were
> accompanied by additions and/or modifications to our test suites.
> This was basically how the test suite grew to its current
> substantial size and gained a useful coverage.

You're right, and I must shamefully admit that I didn't include
testcases checking for the latest two bugs I fixed (43705 and 44343).
Your concern is definitely valid. I'll be adding those tests shortly.

Cheers

Andreas