Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Slawomir Jaranowski <s....@gmail.com> on 2022/05/13 21:20:30 UTC

BeanShell and maven-invoker-plugin

Hi,

The latest version of BeanShell used in maven-invoker-plugin 3.2.2
is org.apache-extras.beanshell:bsh:2.0b6
Unfortunately it is the latest and only one version under this GAV [1]
Looking into a project [2]  I don't expect next releases soon.

BeanShell does not support JDK > 17 very well, some scripts work and others
not, it depends which methods, classes we use.

Eg. iterating by jar items cause:
java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make public
boolean java.util.zip.ZipFile$ZipEntryIterator.hasMoreElements()
accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.util.zip" to unnamed
module @2f829755

I simply resolve such issues by changing the script to groovy - in most
cases the renaming file will be ok [3]

I write only to let you know, maybe someone will have a similar issue.

[1] https://search.maven.org/search?q=bsh
[2] https://github.com/beanshell/beanshell
[3] https://github.com/apache/maven-jar-plugin/pull/40

--