Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Jiao Yu <ji...@onsemi.com> on 2005/06/02 03:27:10 UTC

comparison between POI API and JExcel

Hello, POI API gurus,

We are going to implement a web application which might read very very large
excel files? ( Reading it and put the data into Oralce Database,Modifying it
by adding one column etc).

We try to figure out which API is better for large Excel manipulation:
POI API and JExcel API.

Any input is welcome and please share your experience with us.

Thanks so much and have a great day,

Jiao

AW: AW: comparison between POI API and JExcel

Posted by "KHZ (SAW)" <ka...@sawag.com>.
Hi Marco.

If you download OOo and install it you've several sample code. From this
you can start and add further things. For such things you've to search a
lot in an avalanche of documentation in the internet. The programming at
low level is similar to COM programming in C++ (although it's called UNO
there and more platform independent i.e. not just Windows platforms).
After a few weeks of big effort you might already have a basis on higher
level which you can use to easily perform a lot of work.

For detail help use the sc-dev list (dev-help@sc.openoffice.org).
They're focussed on the Excel pendant (spreadsheet) which can read Excel
files. It also can read from and write to Excel. The reactions are quite
good if you don't always ask absolutely simple questions.

Regards,	Karl-Heinz.

Posted by Marko Asplund <ma...@kronodoc.com>.