Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joe Waldron <jo...@cooldigitec.co.uk> on 2004/07/30 15:13:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems building Apache 2

Hi everyone.

I have a Linux (RedHat 9) server running apache 2.0.48 and php 4. At the moment the webserver is running fine, however I would like to rebuild apache with support for ssl.

I try configuring it (version 2.0.50 now) with the command:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-ssl --enable-shared=max --enable-so

I then run make, but get the following errors:

sockaddr.c: In function 'find_addresses':

sockaddr.c:504: warning: passing arg 5 of 'gethostbyname_r' from incompatible pointer type

sockaddr.c:504: too few arguments to function 'gethostbyname_r'

sockaddr.c:504: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

make[4]: *** [sockaddr.lo] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/httpd-2.0.50/srclib/apr/network_io/unix'

make [..] [all-recursive]s Error 1

Originally the apache was configured with

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-so

Any help or suggestions on how to fix this issue with the configuring would be appreciated.

Joe Waldron

Re: [users@httpd] Problems building Apache 2

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Joe Waldron wrote:

> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-ssl
	--enable-shared=max --enable-so

> sockaddr.c: In function 'find_addresses':
>
> sockaddr.c:504: warning: passing arg 5 of 'gethostbyname_r' from
 incompatible pointer type
> [chop]

> Any help or suggestions on how to fix this issue with the configuring
  would be appreciated.

Do you need IPv6 support?  If not, disable it in your build.

If you do need it, you'll have to find compatible configuration options,
and possibly rebuild some other components (openssl?) with IPv6

--
Nick Kew