Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "HEWA WIDANA GAMAGE, SUBASH" <Su...@fmr.com> on 2018/06/11 19:08:43 UTC

Ignite opens/close 5000 sockets in every 5mins after NODE_FAILED event

Hi,
With default configurations in Ignite 1.9,

Netstat shows about 5000 like following logs. And all sockets closes in about 1 min. And this happens in every 5 mins.  This behavior started happening ONLY after a NODE_FAILED event received and we restarted the Ignite(Ignition.stop, Ignition.start) without killing the JVM.

tcp 0 0 1.2.3.4:47500 5.6.7.8:54968 TIME_WAIT

where 1.2.3.4 = node1 IP and 5.6.7.8 = node2 IP.

Just wanted to know whether there's any process known, that can lead to this type of behavior. Can this be because we restart Ignite in the same JVM ?

RE: Ignite opens/close 5000 sockets in every 5mins after NODE_FAILED event

Posted by dkarachentsev <dk...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

This thread dump is absolutely fine, you confused socket state and java
thread state. These two things are absolutely unrelated.
There should not be so many socket connections (TIME_WAIT means that socket
already closed and waiting for last packages) for three nodes. Could you
please share your configuration and netstat output?

Thanks!
-Dmitry

RE: Ignite opens/close 5000 sockets in every 5mins after NODE_FAILED event

Posted by "HEWA WIDANA GAMAGE, SUBASH" <Su...@fmr.com>.
And I took a thread dump by then.

I could see about 10 of following WAITING. Is this looks fine ?

"sys-stripe-6-#29637%null%" #46762 prio=5 os_prio=0 tid=0x00007fa24402b320 nid=0x3900 waiting on condition [0x00007fa22d454000]
   java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (parking)
	at sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
	at java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(LockSupport.java:304)
	at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.StripedExecutor$StripeConcurrentQueue.take(StripedExecutor.java:526)
	at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.StripedExecutor$Stripe.run(StripedExecutor.java:422)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Posted by "HEWA WIDANA GAMAGE, SUBASH" <Su...@fmr.com>.

Posted by "HEWA WIDANA GAMAGE, SUBASH" <Su...@fmr.com>.
We are using TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder with PARTITIONED cache with one backup.

But I specifically noticed this behavior ONLY after received a NODE_FAILED event on the node, and then we restart Ignite Process in the same JVM. So is there any known/possible implications of restarting Ignite without killing the JVM ?

TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder produces such a big number of connections. I'd
recommend to switch to TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder with static set of addresses.

Thanks!
-Dmitry

Re: Ignite opens/close 5000 sockets in every 5mins after NODE_FAILED event