Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Pathima Nusrath Hameed <ph...@student.unimelb.edu.au> on 2014/06/17 04:00:34 UTC

opennlp-uima

Hi,

I am trying to aggregate OpenNlpTextAnalyzer.pear and/or chunker.xml with
my own descriptors.
But it produces errors. Also it does not support the component descriptor
editor for change configurations. Does anybody know how to use opennlp
descriptors in uima? I am glad if  you can help me.
Thank you.

--

Best Regards,
Nusrath Hameed

Re: opennlp-uima

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 06/17/2014 04:00 AM, Pathima Nusrath Hameed wrote:
> I am trying to aggregate OpenNlpTextAnalyzer.pear and/or chunker.xml with
> my own descriptors.
> But it produces errors. Also it does not support the component descriptor
> editor for change configurations. Does anybody know how to use opennlp
> descriptors in uima? I am glad if  you can help me.

To really make use of the UIMA integration you have to construct your
own AAE out of them
customized for your analysis needs.

E.g. for named entity detection:
Sentence Detector -> Simple Tokenizer -> Person Name Finder -> Location
Name Finder

In the beginning and the end of the pipeline you might need custom AEs
to load and store the
data.

UIMA takes some effort to get running, but when it works it is usually
pretty reliable.

HTH,
Jörn

Re: opennlp-uima

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I posted an example using uimaFIT to build and run an UIMA OpenNLP pipeline using the
standard UIMA components provided by the Apache OpenNLP project:

  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/UIMA/uimaFIT+and+Groovy

Maybe you find this interesting too.

Cheers,

-- Richard

P.S.: Sorry for cross-replying to the original cross-post, but I believe this is
interesting for both, the UIMA and the OpenNLP community.

Re: opennlp-uima

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Hi,