Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Luther Baker <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/15 01:38:10 UTC

intellij

I just downloaded IntelliJ 8.1 and imported my maven project.

It correctly identifies src/main/resources as a src directory and copies the
.properties files to target/classes ... but leaves the .tml files out.

I will check my POM - maybe my filter is doing this ... but thoughts?

Thanks,

-Luther

Re: intellij

Posted by Luther Baker <lu...@gmail.com>.
You were right - I dug a little deeper and found it had to be added in the
settings.

http://www.nabble.com/-T5--.tml-files-not-recognized-in-IntelliJ-td21616318.html

Thanks much.

-Luther

Re: intellij

Posted by Luther Baker <lu...@gmail.com>.
A strange factoid ... the reason I am even trying this is that this app
stopped working for me (in Eclipse) yesterday afternoon and I wanted to
triangulate the problem so I fired up intelliJ. I even downloaded NetBeans
and initally, they all reported the same problem - missing TML files. I got
it working in IntelliJ by making the aforementioned changes here - but
builds in NetBeans and Eclipse continued to complain.

So I looked a little deeper. It turns out to be related to maven filters.
The day before, I googled and added 3 profiles to my pom file. Nothing
negative happened on that day but then yesterday, I had to run "mvn clean"
which explicitly cleared out the target directory.

Anyway, the application stopped working on the rebuild. It turns out that my
new profile and filter and filters were setup to filter out anything not
explicitly included in the <include> section. I wanted to apply a filter to
two files so I listed those two files explicitly in the <includes> block ...
which doesn't quite work! Those files get copied but suddenly, nothing else
from src/main/resources did. After adding a second filter (set to false -
don't apply filtering) to copy all the rest of the resource files - the
application started working in NetBeans and Eclipse ... and from the command
line.

Point to take is that IntelliJ doesn't appear to adhere strictly to the pom
file when it build and deploys. With the directives suggested here - it was
copying all the *.tml files to the target directory in spite of the explicit
maven filter listing only two files. I mention this for your benefit or to
see if I've got it wrong with the group that'd most likely have been
affected by this behavior.

At any rate, this last post !?*.java makes alot of sense as far as a general
setting in IntelliJ. Adding it now. Thanks!

-Luther

Re: intellij

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Re: intellij