Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Gabor Bernat <be...@primeranks.net> on 2012/12/04 22:27:20 UTC

Very high average absolute difference score

Hello,

I've perhaps a newbie question. I've tried the average absolute difference
evaluator on a data set, and the result was 43, with a log-likelihood (and
Euclidian), item-based recommender. Which is strange given, that they are 3
types of events (preference values defined in the input file data) with
ratings 5,8 and 10. How's this possible?
Recall and precision in the same use case is somehow high 0.4 and 0.8 to
increase my confusion recall and precision in the same use case is somehow
high 0.4 and 0.8 to increase my confusion. Any solid explanations for this?

Thanks,

Bernát GÁBOR

Re: Very high average absolute difference score

Posted by Gabor Bernat <be...@primeranks.net>.
Hello,

Nope, that's not the case. Managed to find the issue, and damn, I was using
the boolean recommender instead of the one with the ratings
(GenericItemBasedRecommender vs GenericBooleanPrefItemBasedRecommender),
hence the precision-recall was sort of good.

Anyways, thanks for the quick help,

Bernát GÁBOR

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Bernát