Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by BINNENMARS Gerrit <ge...@nl.thalesgroup.com> on 2015/08/10 10:09:05 UTC

Question: bundle events

Hello,

For Apache Celix, at the moment only the FRAMEWORK_STARTED event is sent.
I want to extend the implementation, but now have several questions:

1.       Which events are useful to implement? The Bundle events seem useful. I am not sure about the other Framework events and the Deployment admin events

2.       It is also not clear when to send the deployment admin events

3.       There seems to be a mismatch between the OSGi specification (https://osgi.org/javadoc/r5/core/constant-values.html#org.osgi.framework.BundleEvent.STARTED) and the Apache ACE defines in (AuditEvent.java)

With kind regards,

Gerrit Binnenmars

Disclaimer:

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and
delete it.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its
attachment(s) is forbidden.
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email or
its attachment(s).
Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of
Commerce under number 06061578.

Re: Question: bundle events

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Gerrit,
On 13 Aug 2015 at 14:51:02 , BINNENMARS Gerrit (gerrit.binnenmars@nl.thalesgroup.com) wrote:

For Apache Celix, at the moment only the FRAMEWORK_STARTED event is sent.
I want to extend the implementation, but now have several questions:

1. Which events are useful to implement? The Bundle events seem useful. I am not sure about the other Framework events and the Deployment admin events
Most framework and bundle events end up in the audit log and are mostly for historic and/or informational purposes.

The deployment admin events are actually used to determine on the server that a deployment succeeded.

2. It is also not clear when to send the deployment admin events
The deployment admin spec mandates when those must be sent. So it’s that bundle that does that.

3. There seems to be a mismatch between the OSGi specification (https://osgi.org/javadoc/r5/core/constant-values.html#org.osgi.framework.BundleEvent.STARTED) and the Apache ACE defines in (AuditEvent.java)
I’m not sure what you mean. Constants in BundleEvent and AuditEvent are not equal (numerically) but that is by design. Do you mean there are certain bundle events that are not mapped to audit events?

Greetings, Marcel