Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/17 00:30:37 UTC

binding.jms reference to non-SCA service

Hi All,

Using Tuscany 1.1 RC2 I'm attempting to construct a simple example of
an SCA application, which references a remote JMS service, which in a
simple case exposes a request type Queue.  This is to proxy/facade a
pre-existing JMS solution with Tuscany.

My SCDL declares a reference to a remote weblogic queue (though I
don't believe the provider should matter) as follows:

       <reference name="JMSService" promote="JMSClient/jmsService">
               <interface.java interface="com.example.JMSService"/>
               <binding.jms
initialContextFactory="weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory"
jndiURL="t3://localhost:7001">
                       <destination name="jms/TestRequest" create="never" />
                       <connectionFactory
name="jms/TestRequestConnectionFactory" />
               </binding.jms>
       </reference>

My client attempts to send a String message this remote JMS reference,
though when attempted I get the following stack:

    [java] org.osoa.sca.ServiceUnavailableException: Service not
found for component JMSClient reference service (bindingURI=null
operation=process).
 Ensure that the composite containing the service is loaded and
started somewhere in the SCA domain and that if running in a remote
node that the interface of the target service marked as @Remotable

Can anyone provide any insight into this issue?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated, client and log can be at:

http://davesowerby.org/jms-reference-client.log
http://davesowerby.org/jms-reference-client.zip

Cheers,

Dave.

--
Dave Sowerby MEng MBCS

Re: binding.jms reference to non-SCA service

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Changing this to use ActiveMQ and its ICF and connectionFactory makes this
works for me, unfortunately I don't have a WebLogic install I can debug it
on. I know someone who does though so I shall try it there but it will take
some time for me to be able to do that.

   ...ant

Posted by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com>.
Absolutely:

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com>.
Hey Ant,

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

Posted by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com>.
Hey Simon,

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
snip..

Posted by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com>.
Hey Simon,

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Re.

Posted by Dave Sowerby <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

When the client starts there's no reference to a failed parse of the
binding.jms definition.

However, if the binding.jms reference is embedded within the component
rather than being promoted, I get the following binding jms stack.

     [java] INFO: Building composite: jms
     [java] 17-Jan-2008 08:48:20
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.CompositeBuilderImpl$1
problem
     [java] WARNING: Reference not found for component reference:
JMSClient/JMSService
     [java] 17-Jan-2008 08:48:20
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.CompositeBuilderImpl$1
problem
     [java] WARNING: No targets for reference: service
     [java] org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.NodeException:
java.lang.IllegalStateException:
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.SCANodeFactory.createNodeWithComposite(SCANodeFactory.java:157)
     [java]     at com.example.JMSClientImpl.main(JMSClientImpl.java:18)
     [java] Caused by: org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.NodeException:
java.lang.IllegalStateException:
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.SCANodeImpl.addToDomainLevelComposite(SCANodeImpl.java:583)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.SCANodeImpl.addToDomainLevelComposite(SCANodeImpl.java:598)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.SCANodeFactory.createNodeWithComposite(SCANodeFactory.java:151)
     [java]     ... 1 more
     [java] Caused by:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.assembly.ActivationException:
java.lang.IllegalStateException:
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.assembly.CompositeActivatorImpl.activate(CompositeActivatorImpl.java:756)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.SCANodeImpl.activateComposite(SCANodeImpl.java:612)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.SCANodeImpl.addToDomainLevelComposite(SCANodeImpl.java:577)
     [java]     ... 3 more
     [java] Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException:
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.provider.DefaultProviderFactoryExtensionPoint$LazyBindingProviderFactory.getFactory(DefaultProviderFactoryExtensionPoint.java:182)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.provider.DefaultProviderFactoryExtensionPoint$LazyBindingProviderFactory.createReferenceBindingProvider(DefaultProviderFactoryExtensionPoint.java:190)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.assembly.CompositeActivatorImpl.addReferenceBindingProvider(CompositeActivatorImpl.java:176)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.assembly.CompositeActivatorImpl.activate(CompositeActivatorImpl.java:133)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.assembly.CompositeActivatorImpl.activate(CompositeActivatorImpl.java:752)
     [java]     ... 5 more
     [java] Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
     [java]     at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
     [java]     at
     [java]     at
     [java]     at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.provider.DefaultProviderFactoryExtensionPoint$LazyBindingProviderFactory.getFactory(DefaultProviderFactoryExtensionPoint.java:180)
     [java]     ... 9 more
     [java] Caused by:

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Dave