Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by legolas wood <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/01 00:57:43 UTC

problem when using several connections against Embedded Derby

Hi
I have a problem when i use several connections for an embedded derby
database.
problem is that simply it say that there is no such table in the
database when i use more than one connection.
does any one has the same problem ?

thanks

Re: problem when using several connections against Embedded Derby

Posted by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>.
This seems odd.  I suspect you need to provide the error message and the
code in question...

David

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.
legolas wood <le...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
> I have a problem when i use several connections for an embedded derby
> database.
> problem is that simply it say that there is no such table in the
> database when i use more than one connection.
> does any one has the same problem ?

Use ij to check all relevant schemas (APP and all usernames you use
when connecting) to see exactly where your tables end up. Then make
sure all your connections look for tables in the same schema.

--
dt

Re: problem when using several connections against Embedded Derby

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.
legolas wood wrote:
> Hi
> I have a problem when i use several connections for an embedded derby
> database.
> problem is that simply it say that there is no such table in the
> database when i use more than one connection.
> does any one has the same problem ?

Hi Legolas,

I agree with David that more information would be useful.

A shot in the dark; do you connect with the same user (or no user
specified) for all connections?
If not, remember that the default schema will be different for the
connections. To fix this, you can either used fully qualified table
names etc in your queries, use 'set schema' or specify the same user for
all connections.

regards,
--
Kristian