Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "O. Klein" <kl...@octoweb.nl> on 2011/09/05 15:17:48 UTC

Re: Spellcheck compounded words

O. Klein wrote:

> Anyways. I was testing on 3.3 and found that when I added
> &spellcheck.maxCollations=2&spellcheck.maxCollationTries=2 as parameters
> to the URL there was no problem at all.
>
> Adding
>
>       <str name="spellcheck.maxCollations">2</str>
>       <str name="spellcheck.maxCollationTries">2</str>
>
> to the default requestHandler in solrconfig.xml caused request to hang.
>
> Can someone verify if this is a bug?

I have same behaviour on different machine, with different Solr build
(trunk).

Tried
  	<str name="spellcheck">true</str>
       <str name="spellcheck.onlyMorePopular">false</str>
	<str name="spellcheck.collate">true</str>
   	<int name="spellcheck.count">10</int>
   	<int name="spellcheck.maxCollations">2</int>
   	<int name="spellcheck.maxCollationTries">3</int>

using DirectSolrSpellchecker, but only works when parameters are in HTTP
request, not solrconfig.xml.

Looks like bug to me.

Re: Spellcheck compounded words

Posted by Raheel Hasan <ra...@gmail.com>.
I am building it on Commit..
<str name="buildOnCommit">true</str>

Please see my other thread for all Logs and Schema + Solrconfig settings.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Dyer, James
<Ja...@ingramcontent.com>wrote:

> I would investigate Hoss's suggestion and look at warming queries.  In
> some cases I've seen "maxCollationTries" in warming queries to cause a
> hang.  Unless you're trying to build your spellcheck dictionary during
> warming, you can safely turn spellcheck off for all warming queries.
>
> James Dyer
> Ingram Content Group
> (615) 213-4311

Raheel Hasan

RE: Spellcheck compounded words

<Ja...@ingramcontent.com>wrote:

> Which version of Solr are you running? (the post you replied to was about
> Solr 3.3, but the latest version now is 4.4.)  Please provide configuration
> details and the query you are running that causes the problem.  Also
> explain exactly what the problem is (query never returns?).  Also explain
> why you have to delete the "data" dir when you restart.  With a little
> background information, maybe someone can help.
>
> James Dyer
> Ingram Content Group
> (615) 213-4311

Raheel Hasan

Re: Spellcheck compounded words

Posted by Raheel Hasan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

<Ja...@ingramcontent.com>wrote:

> Which version of Solr are you running? (the post you replied to was about
> Solr 3.3, but the latest version now is 4.4.)  Please provide configuration
> details and the query you are running that causes the problem.  Also
> explain exactly what the problem is (query never returns?).  Also explain
> why you have to delete the "data" dir when you restart.  With a little
> background information, maybe someone can help.
>
> James Dyer
> Ingram Content Group
> (615) 213-4311

Raheel Hasan