Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/05 21:34:59 UTC

The ports needed for ambari and hadoop installation

I need to setup a hadoop cluster (using HDP 2.6, ambari and blueprint) in a
secure environment which limits the ingress/egress ports and the
destinations/sources of internet traffic. For example, the hosts in this
environment only open 22, 443 ports and they can only access website A, B.

To setup a hadoop cluster in such an environment, I need to know below so
that ambari can work:

1. which ports need to be open.
2. which destinations/sources of internet traffic need to be permitted.

Other than searching document online and try-fail-try, is there a way to
get such information reliably so that I can more confidently ask people to
relax the environment? Appreciate any clue.

Re: The ports needed for ambari and hadoop installation

Posted by Fernández, Juan Carlos <jc...@keedio.com>.
Hi Lian,
you may be interested in https://knox.apache.org/. Hi haven't looked the
project for a lot of time, but it may be helpfull for you.
Regards

--

*  KEEDIO*

*  Juan Carlos Fernández Rodríguez*

*+34 630 288 149*

*www.keedio.com <http://www.keedio.com>*

C/ Virgilio 25, Pozuelo de Alarcón

Re: The ports needed for ambari and hadoop installation

Posted by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Aaron. This helps. But are the port list complete? I saw they do not
cover ambari blueprint components like LOGSEARCH_SERVER, INFRA_SOLR,
METRICS_COLLECTOR, SPARK2_JOBHISTORYSERVER. Is there another pointer for
the missing components? Without a complete list, it will be hard to
precisely configure the ports so that ambari can install hadoop and hadoop
can work correctly. Thanks very much!

Posted by Aaron Bossert <aa...@punchcyber.com>.
Lian,

Posted by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.