Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Manfredo Hopp <mh...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/31 18:18:12 UTC

admin user no longer available

After start/stopping several times  a recently installed tomcat7 with
syncope  the user admin  disappeared. When I enter with this user/password
the menu entries are disabled as if I entered with a normal user.

I tried to find the table where admin shoud be in  embedded mode but could
not find syncopedb table since Run syncope in embedded mode  document
pointing to  url:localhost:9080/syncope/db.jsp has no result on browser (in
projects directory I can find  db.jsp under
 core/target/syncope-core-test).

Also on that doc I found that external databse result testdb points to
jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost:9092/testdb which doesnt bring any result, but
instead  jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost:9092/mem:testdb does.
.

1. where is admin user defined?
2. how can I access syncope db in embedded mode?
3. Why did user admin disappear?

Thanks Manfredo

Re: admin user no longer available

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 03/11/2014 16:16, Manfredo Hopp wrote:
> Francesco thanks for your reply,  in regards with the authorization
> problem my solution was to restart Linux (restarting tomcat did not
> work), so my guess is there could be a concurrence problem as I  may
> have edited some properties file of the target webapp during restarts.
> This is what I found googling:
>
> http://santoshgadkari.blogspot.com.ar/2010/02/we-use-heavily-xml-related-apis.html

Thanks for input: I've now optimized the authorizations.xml as part of
SYNCOPE-599 [5] - which will be part of upcoming release 1.2.1.

Regards.

[5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-599

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: admin user no longer available

Posted by Manfredo Hopp <mh...@gmail.com>.
Francesco thanks for your reply,  in regards with the authorization problem
my solution was to restart Linux (restarting tomcat did not work), so my
guess is there could be a concurrence problem as I  may have edited some
properties file of the target webapp during restarts. This is what I found
googling:

http://santoshgadkari.blogspot.com.ar/2010/02/we-use-heavily-xml-related-apis.html

Regards Manfredo

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.