Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org> on 2015/01/12 12:57:13 UTC

CouchDB Day 2015 is coming very soon ....

Dear CouchDB enthusiasts,

it does not take very long and we will be able to welcome you in Hamburg
for the CouchDB Day 2015.
This is super awesome and we are really excited. If you do not have a
ticket yet, you should go and get
one at

  https://ti.to/andywenk/couchdbday-hamburg-2015

There are some tickets left and we follow the rule: first come - first
serve.

Although the following sections are mostly for the attendees we thought
it's a cool idea to
send it also to the community. If this is annoying to you we are sorry. In
this case, you might want to
stop reading here.

Here are some important topics we ask you to read carefully. Please take a
few minutes and
scan them. If you have any questions, don't wait to ask Robert (
robertkowalski@apache.org)
or me (andywenk@apache.org).

General Info
------------

* As this is a free event, we expect that some of you will not attend at
7th February. We would
like to minimize the 'no show rate' as much as possible. So please take
your calendar and check
if you rellay can make it to the event. If not, we ask you kindly to cancel
your ticket if
you already have one. Here are the steps how to cancel your ticket (and we
hope you don't need to
follow these steps and better attend ;-) ):

  + you received an email with subject 'Your CouchDB Day 2015 in Hamburg
Confirmation'
  + click the button "VIEW ORDER"
  + at the page below find your ticket marked green and click it
  + in the box click "VIEW/EDIT"
  + at the following page click the red button "Cancel this ticket" below

* Please find the schedule at http://day.couchdb.org#schedule . There will
be breakefast
from 09:00 to 09:30 am CET. The doors will be open up from 08:45 am CET and
we ask you to
attend in time.

* The day after the CouchDB Day 2015, we'll have a nodeschool event in
Hamburg! If you want
to participate, they are still looking for attendees and mentors:
http://nodeschool.io/hamburg/

* Never been to Hamburg? Our friends from the JS Unconf have some tips
regarding public
transport and sightseeing for your trip!
http://2015.jsunconf.eu/news/hamburg-first-visit/

* Please remember, that we expect you to follow this Code of Conduct:
http://couchdb.apache.org/conduct.html

* In the evening, we'll have a party with free - until the party-budget is
transformed
into - softdrinks and beer. The location is close to the event venue and
still secret,
but you can bring your friends and also laundry with you :)

Diversity Tickets
-----------------

We are very happy, that we are able to have some 'diversity tickets'
available. Our friends from
Hoodie (http://hood.ie/) will help attendees not able to afford the journey
or stay to / in Hamburg.
Please visit http://hood.ie/blog/travel-grants-for-couchdb-day.html and get
further information. A very
big 'thank you' to the fine folks from Hoodie.

Schedule
--------

08:45 - 09:00 Get in
09:00 - 09:30 Breakfast
09:30 - 09:45 Welcome to the CouchDB Day
09:45 - 10:15 Keynote by Jan Lehnardt
10:15 - 10:30 Short break - find your group
10:30 - 12:30 Hands on
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 14:00 CouchDB 2.0 - Klaus Trainer
14:00 - 14:15 Short break
14:15 - 18:15 Hands on
18:15 - 19:00 How to implement token login for new users reusing the cookie
system in CouchDB - Ólafur Arason
19:00 - 19:15 Robert and Andy say goodbye
19:15 - ??:00 Party

We would like to take the opportunity and thank again our fine sponsors.
These are:

sum.cumo (http://www.sumcumo.com)
Ubilabs (http://www.ubilabs.net/)
SinnerScharder (http://www.sinnerschrader.com)
Digital Ocean (http://www.digitalocean.com/)
GitHub (http://github.com)
GFU Cyrus (http://www.gfu.net/)
IBM Cloudant (https://cloudant.com/)

Well, that's it for now. We are looking forward to have a great day with
you. Till then ...

... all the best and warm regards

Andy & Robert

--