Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2004/11/05 15:12:36 UTC

Re: names of elements in DTD documentation

Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a simple suggestion.
>
> I'm writting a document using the "document-v..." dtd's than come with
> forrest.
>
> When looking in the documentation for that dtd, available at the forrest
> site, I would like to read not only the abreviated name of the element
> (for example "p") but also the complete name ("paragraph"). That way it
> would be easier to understand the purpose of the elements (the name has
> a meaning that is not always obvious...)

Its a good suggestion, unfortunately those documents are auto generated
from the DTD which does not have "complete names".

The example documents for each DTD (i.e.
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/document-v13.html ) provide more "human
friendly" discussion of each of the tags.

Ross

Re: names of elements in DTD documentation

Posted by Joao Miguel Ferreira <jm...@estg.ipvc.pt>.
On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 11:38, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 09:12, Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> >>Its a good suggestion, unfortunately those documents are auto generated
> >>from the DTD which does not have "complete names".
> >>
> >>The example documents for each DTD (i.e.
> >>http://forrest.apache.org/docs/document-v13.html ) provide more "human
> >>friendly" discussion of each of the tags.
> >>
> >>Ross
> >

> > Are all the available tags used in that example ?...
>
> That is the intention, but there may be one or two missing. If you see
> any missing, please provide a patch.
>
> Ross

ok, thanks

jmf

Re: names of elements in DTD documentation

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joao Miguel Ferreira <jm...@estg.ipvc.pt>.