Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hong Rae Cho <ch...@nextel.co.kr> on 2001/11/28 13:54:47 UTC

Korean font problem of C2

Dear Cocoon Manager.

I'm Hong Rae Cho on behalf of Nextel, Inc. of Korea.
I have developed for integrating a Card company system using Cocoon 2.

C2 was very helpful to our project.
But, I have a serious problem.

When I used a Shell script that is added "fop-0_20_1-dev.jar" of C2 to CLASSPATH for runing FOP , I had a successful test to build a pdf file inclued Korean fonts.

But, when I built a pdf file with a web browser, I had a unrecognized characters, like "####", in the pdf.

Both user-config file and metrics files were used in a Shell script for building a pdf file.

I had a test to make a Shell script with merics files included a missed path,  and to build a pdf file. and then,  I had a error message below.

Failed to read font metrics file ./../webapps/cocoon/hangul-fonts/gulim.ttf.xml : File "file:///x-mas/applications/uiControl/Fop-0.20.2/tests/webapps/cocoon/hangul-fonts/gulim.ttf.xml" not found.

Although I used same evironmental Shell script in a web browser test, I never had a error message.
Moreover, I had a pdf file with Korean characters as unrecognized characters, "####".

I wonder why Korean font is not built on a pdf.

I look forward to a good assistance.

Regards.