Posted to users@camel.apache.org by huntc <hu...@mac.com> on 2010/09/21 13:23:35 UTC

JSR-330 for configuring Camel Dependency Injection (DI)

Has anyone used JSR-330 annotations in place of Spring XML for configuring
Camel? If so then would you be able to report back on your experience and
perhaps point to some example usage?

I find the idea of configuring DI using JSR-330 quite attractive; in a
similar vein to Java being used to configure routes instead of XML.

Thanks!

Re: JSR-330 for configuring Camel Dependency Injection (DI)

Posted by huntc <hu...@mac.com>.
Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses.

I realise that Camel is not an IoC container, but it might be a useful
feature for Camel's classes to "lend themselves" to becoming auto injectable
in a standardised way i.e. by following JSR-330.

What'd think?

Kind regards,
Christopher

Re: JSR-330 for configuring Camel Dependency Injection (DI)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Current camel doesn't support the JSR-330 out of box,
> But if you are looking for using Java code to do the route DI work you could
> take a look camel-guice[1] and camel-spring-java config [2]
>
> [1]http://camel.apache.org/guice.html
> [2]http://camel.apache.org/spring-java-config.html

Camel is not an IoC container. So whatever container out there
implements JSR-330 should be possible to IoC and work with Camel.
Camel is after all just Java code.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: JSR-330 for configuring Camel Dependency Injection (DI)

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,