Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adrien Ruffié <ad...@hotmail.fr> on 2013/12/02 10:13:18 UTC

Maven compilation error "is not within its bound"

Hello all,

I have my webapp projet in Eclipse which compile correctly but when I try to
perform "mvn clean compile", several following logs appears:

[ERROR]
\Java\Workspaces\Indigo\mycompanycrm4\mycompany-webapp\src\main\java\com\myc
ompany\frontline\display\render\custom\ImageHandleBarRenderBoolCustom.java:[
16,95] type parameter
com.mycompany.frontline.property.display.valuable.bean.BooleanMonoValueBean
is not within its bound

My class implements correctly generic, inteface, inheritance tree ... the
application work correctly in my tomcat launched by Eclipse, but when I try
to package it the compiler block ...
I'm not able to change the code, do you know a solution to force Maven to
compile correctly ? Have you ever faced the problem ?

I attach the log file, if it can be help

Thank you very much

Best regards,

Adrien

RE: Maven compilation error "is not within its bound"

Posted by Adrien Ruffié <ad...@hotmail.fr>.
Well,

Sorry I have try with 2 following plugin setting but nothing work correctly:

Java.version property = 1.6

<!-- 			<plugin> -->
<!-- 				<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
-->
<!--
<artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId> -->
<!-- 				<version>3.1</version> -->
<!-- 				<configuration> -->
<!-- 					<source>${java.version}</source> -->
<!-- 					<target>${java.version}</target> -->
<!--
<encoding>${encoding.format}</encoding> -->
<!-- 				</configuration> -->
<!-- 			</plugin> -->
			<plugin>

			        <version>3.1</version>
			        <configuration>
			          <verbose>true</verbose>
			          <fork>true</fork>

<executable>${JAVA_HOME}/bin/javac</executable>

<compilerVersion>${java.version}</compilerVersion>

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Try again but specify "mvn -X clean compile" so we can see that Maven
is actually using the Eclipse compiler as you say that you have
specified.

And don't attach log files to you email - they are oftentimes
stripped. Please post the text to pastebin or gist and send us a link.

Wayne

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Adrien Ruffié
<ad...@hotmail.fr> wrote:
> No sorry with this configuration I have again generic compilation problem
> like following in attached file, I don't have this problem if I use general
> javac compiler and also in Eclipse, why these appears with mvn/eclipse
> compiler ... ?

>>> a
>>> vior-w
>>> ith-type-cast-between-eclipse-and-maven/19267547#19267547
>>>
>>> that say:
>>>
>>> "Eclipse comes with its own Java compiler; Maven uses javac. Most of
>>> the time, both accept the same code but generics are complicated and
>>> compiler do have bugs. There are a couple of known bugs in javac of
>>> Java 6 which cause problems, for example.
>>>
>>> Oracle will not fix them. The solution is to use Java 7 to run Maven
>>> and configure the maven-compiler-plugin the generate Java 6 byte code
>>> (see Kumar Sambhav's answer)."
>>>

>>> But how I can use Eclipse to compile in Maven ?
>>
>> See
>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/non-javac-compil
>> ers.ht
>> ml - to use the eclipse compiler:
>>
>>      <plugin>
>>        <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>>        <version>3.1</version>
>>        <configuration>
>>          <compilerId>eclipse</compilerId>
>>        </configuration>
>>        <dependencies>
>>          <dependency>
>>            <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
>>            <artifactId>plexus-compiler-eclipse</artifactId>
>>            <version>2.3</version>
>>          </dependency>
>>        </dependencies>
>>      </plugin>
>>
>>> Because I try this:
>>>
>>> <plugin>
>>>       <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>>       <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>>>       <version>2.0.2</version>
>>>       <configuration>
>>>               <source>1.6</source>
>>>               <target>1.6</target>
>>>               <compilerVersion>1.6</compilerVersion>
>>>               <fork>true</fork>
>>>               <executable>java -classpath
>>> ${env.M2_REPO}/org/eclipse/jdt/${org.eclipse.jdt.core.version}/core-$
>>> {
>>> or
>>> g.eclipse.jdt.core.version}.jar

Posted by Adrien Ruffié <ad...@hotmail.fr>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Find out what compiler Eclipse uses and install a copy on your
workstation and tell maven to use that.

(I think that setting JAVA_HOME might do the trick.)

Ron

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc
email: rwheeler@artifact-software.com
skype: ronaldmwheeler
phone: 866-970-2435, ext 102

RE: Maven compilation error "is not within its bound"

Posted by Adrien Ruffié <ad...@hotmail.fr>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrien Ruffié <ad...@hotmail.fr>.
I have found more information here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19266797/different-compilation-behavior-w
ith-type-cast-between-eclipse-and-maven/19267547#19267547

that say:

"Eclipse comes with its own Java compiler; Maven uses javac. Most of the
time, both accept the same code but generics are complicated and compiler do
have bugs. There are a couple of known bugs in javac of Java 6 which cause
problems, for example.

Oracle will not fix them. The solution is to use Java 7 to run Maven and
configure the maven-compiler-plugin the generate Java 6 byte code (see Kumar
Sambhav's answer)."

But how I can use Eclipse to compile in Maven ? Because I try this:

Posted by Alexander Kriegisch <al...@kriegisch.name>.

Posted by Adrien Ruffié <ad...@hotmail.fr>.
Hello Alexander,

Thank you very much for your response,

For maven version is 3.0.4, the property java.version is set to 1.6 and my Eclipse project is 1.6 in compiler properties tab.
I cannot use Maven+Eclipse to package my webapp because, it is Jenkins with maven which package, but maven doesn't compile correctly ...
The generics doesn't cause problem in the webapp (we have make several testcases), but were I can see which compiler source/target is used by Eclipse/Maven ?

Great thank again

Adrien

Posted by Alexander Kriegisch <Al...@Kriegisch.name>.