Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/06/20 20:30:52 UTC

[VOTE] RC3 as final release candidate for apache-forrest-0.7

I managed to get back a little sooner than expected, so the Windows
build is now done and uploaded to
http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/apache-forrest-0.7rc3/

The *nix versions are available at
http://people.apache.org/~crossley/forrest-07-rc3/

Both builds were done with r19329.

Please proceed to test it both release packages. NOTE: it is important
to test the actual release packages, not SVN trunk as some files are not
included in the release.

According to our project guidelines, we need a lazy majority
of active PMC members.
http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html#actions

Testing and voting finishes on Wednesday 2005-06-22 at 22:00 UTC
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=20&year=2005&hour=22&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

The code-freeze is still in effect.

Ross

Re: [VOTE] RC3 as final release candidate for apache-forrest-0.7

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Testing and voting finishes on Wednesday 2005-06-22 at 22:00 UTC
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=20&year=2005&hour=22&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

The proper URL is:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=22&year=2005&hour=22&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

-David

Re: [VOTE] RC3 as final release candidate for apache-forrest-0.7

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <sa...@soethe.net>.

Ross Gardler wrote:

> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>> Tested under Windows XP Pro SP 2
>> Java 1.4.2_02
>>
>> Quick test runs and compiles ok.
>>
>> Fixed one minor type in the documentation for ApacheCon.
>>
>> +1

> No. We can't fix something in the branch *after* the release has been
> built. Either you are +1 for the release as it is, or you need us to
> make the change in the documentation and rebuild.

Sorry, I didn't realize there would be no 'final build'. But of course
that doesn't make much sense ...

> If you are +1 for the release then pleas apply your patch to the trunk
> once the code freeze is lifted.

OK, still +1,
no need to rebuild for a broken link.

--
Ferdinand Soethe

Re: [VOTE] RC3 as final release candidate for apache-forrest-0.7

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
That was a successful vote: Seven +1 votes, no -1 votes,
including five votes from PMC members.

So i will get on with doing the next steps.

-David

Re: [VOTE] RC3 as final release candidate for apache-forrest-0.7

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 16:19 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> I vote +1 for release candidate rc3:
> MD5(apache-forrest-0.7.tar.gz)= ec83eb26a2bd39a3577ae1d9debd2a64
>
> We have a number of open issues. However, i reckon that they
> are well-described, affect a small portion of the product,
> and workarounds are provided.
>
> -David

+1

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: [VOTE] RC3 as final release candidate for apache-forrest-0.7

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> I vote +1 for release candidate rc3:
> MD5(apache-forrest-0.7.tar.gz)= ec83eb26a2bd39a3577ae1d9debd2a64
>
> We have a number of open issues. However, i reckon that they
> are well-described, affect a small portion of the product,
> and workarounds are provided.

+1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [VOTE] RC3 as final release candidate for apache-forrest-0.7

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Fedora Core+Java1.5.0_3 && Windows XP Pro+Java 1.4.2_08 are both good.
--tim

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nico Veenkamp <ni...@veenkamp.nl>.
<quote> David Crossley</quote>
> I vote +1 for release candidate rc3:
> MD5(apache-forrest-0.7.tar.gz)= ec83eb26a2bd39a3577ae1d9debd2a64

+1
Nico Veenkamp
Open Source Solutions for Internet (OSSFI)
T: 06-53193353
E: nico@veenkamp.nl
W: http://www.ossfi.nl
weblog: http://www.breathinbreathout.com
weblog: http://blog.ossfi.nl

<a
href="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=8538&amp;t=1">Get
Firefox!</a>

Re: [VOTE] RC3 as final release candidate for apache-forrest-0.7