Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Roger B.A. Klorese" <ro...@queernet.org> on 2003/10/25 00:46:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Mass virtual Hosting and per-user file permissions

Is there any way to run mass virtual hosting with mod_vhost_alias yet allow
files to be created that are owned by the individual user rather than the
apache user?

Re: [users@httpd] Mass virtual Hosting and per-user file permissions

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

> Is there any way to run mass virtual hosting with mod_vhost_alias yet allow
> files to be created that are owned by the individual user rather than the
> apache user?

I assume you mean files generate by cgi scripts?  If so, google for
cgiwrap and see if it does what you want.

If you mean scripts that are internal to the apache binary (ie modules),
then there is no way.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Mass virtual Hosting and per-user file permissions

Posted by Domenico Actis Grosso <ne...@tiscali.it>.
for cgi scripts you must set up suexec that let apache works with another
user/group  (vhost user/group) , but for other files , i don't know , I have
same problem (when i use a php script that upload files on server they still
have apache UID and GID )

Domenico Actis Grosso