Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by "Doshi, Nilesh" <Ni...@corp.ALLADVANTAGE.com> on 2000/01/26 00:36:59 UTC

Problem building samples

Hi,
I download  "Xerces-C-src_1_0_ 1 "   and ran runConfigure like
runConfigure -psolaris -cgcc -xCC. Then I ran "make"to build samples.

It gave me error Fatal error reading Makefile at line 234.

can somebody help me ?

I have set xercescroot to /home/xerces-Csrc_1_0_1. I have also set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I have not set ICUROOT. I don't have gmake autoconf.
Do I need to download some other file ?

Thx

Re: Problem building samples

Posted by Anupam Bagchi <ab...@hyperreal.org>.
The entire build instructions are at the web-site:
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/build.html

The make utility is 'gmake' not make.

- Anupam

Posted by Rahul Jain <ra...@apache.org>.
> I download  "Xerces-C-src_1_0_ 1 "   and ran runConfigure like
> runConfigure -psolaris -cgcc -xCC. Then I ran "make"to build samples.

Besides using gmake instead of 'make' do not mix gcc and CC. At best
you may be able to compile the sources, but they won't link as the
binary file formats are different.

Use gcc and g++ and cc and CC. However, do note that there are no
C files in Xerces-C and hence you did not notice any problems.

rahul