Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Cyril Bogus <cy...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/08 19:46:20 UTC

Small cluster setup.

I am trying to have a two node cluster.
Hadoop 1.0.4

the master is under the account A
the slave is under the account B

I run into an exception when I try to start the cluster.
Here is my output

A@owner-5:~$ /home/hadoop/bin/start-all.sh
Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.

namenode running as process 3020. Stop it first.
A@master: starting datanode, logging to
/home/hadoop/libexec/../logs/hadoop-A-datanode-owner-5.out
B@slave: Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.
B@slave:
B@slave: starting datanode, logging to
/home/owner/hadoop//logs/hadoop-owner-datanode-owner-7.out
B@slave: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName
B@slave: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.util.PlatformName
B@slave:     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
B@slave:     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
B@slave:     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
B@slave:     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
B@slave:     at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
B@slave:     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
B@slave: Could not find the main class:
org.apache.hadoop.util.PlatformName.  Program will exit.
B@slave: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/datanode/DataNode
A@master: secondarynamenode running as process 3352. Stop it first.
starting jobtracker, logging to
/home/hadoop/libexec/../logs/hadoop-A-jobtracker-owner-5.out
B@slave: Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.
B@slave:
B@slave: starting tasktracker, logging to
/home/owner/hadoop//logs/hadoop-owner-tasktracker-owner-7.out
A@master: starting tasktracker, logging to
/home/hadoop/libexec/../logs/hadoop-A-tasktracker-owner-5.out
B@slave: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName
B@slave: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.util.PlatformName
B@slave:     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
B@slave:     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
B@slave:     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
B@slave:     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
B@slave:     at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
B@slave:     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
B@slave: Could not find the main class:
org.apache.hadoop.util.PlatformName.  Program will exit.
B@slave: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/mapred/TaskTracker
A@owner-5:~$

Re: Small cluster setup.

Posted by Cyril Bogus <cy...@gmail.com>.
Thankk  you that solved the problem.
But I don't understand I have set up the env variables in bash for hadoop
home, why is it looking for the old location.

Cyril

Re: Small cluster setup.

Posted by Cyril Bogus <cy...@gmail.com>.

Re: Small cluster setup.