Posted to users@maven.apache.org by DSL <dl...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/05 18:55:35 UTC

problem with dependencies

I am having an issue including dependencies in maven 3, below is my example

ProjectA ( war )
      -ProjectB ( compile dependency )

ProjectB ( jar )
      -external jars ( marked as provided dependencies )

I noticed that after i build my war for ProjectA, that the external
jars that were marked as provided in ProjectB got pulled into my lib
directory.
This does not seem correct to me.  Can anyone explain why this changed
from maven 2?

Re: problem with dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I noticed that after i build my war for ProjectA, that the external
> jars that were marked as provided in ProjectB got pulled into my lib
> directory.
> This does not seem correct to me.  Can anyone explain why this changed
> from maven 2?

It should not have changed. Can you provide a sample set of projects
that exhibit this behavior?

Wayne